Are you overwhelmed when it comes to bible journaling supplies? Or just getting started and wondering what things to buy? I’m here to share my 7 must have bible journaling supplies. These are the supplies that I use on a daily basis. You really don’t need a ton of supplies to get started, so choosing a couple things off this list would be a great place to start!
1. Micron pens in black | Gelly Roll Pens in white
I use these pens most times that I journal in my bible. They are perfect for writing over paint or watercolors. They don’t bleed through the thin pages of my bible which means I don’t have to worry about it ruining the other side of the page I’m working on. I use these for writing large cursive fonts, prayers, or the date at the bottom of my page. I sometimes use them to make little embellishment shapes around on the page for some added pizzazz!
2. Watercolors I love using watercolors on my bible pages. It’s a fun way to add color and pretty inexpensive. As you can see I don’t use fancy watercolors, just the cheap cake palate you can buy in the craft section of almost any store. This is a good option if you are on a budget since it comes with many colors for under $10 usually. Watercolors are something I use when I know I am going to have a little more time to work on my page, since you have to wait for them to dry (although you can use a hairdryer to speed up the process). I love the look of watercolors and the ability to blend colors.
3. Pentel Water Brush I love love love this water brush! It makes using watercolors a breeze! It gets rid of the need for a cup of water to rinse your brush (if your like me and have little ones, getting rid of the open water cup is a must!) You simply fill it with water and then paint away! Just dab on a napkin or paper towel between colors and you’re good to go.
4. Martha Stewart Satin Paints I have really been loving these satin paints lately! I love the sheen that they leave on the page once they are dry. These are perfect if you don’t have a lot of time because they dry pretty quickly if you use a thin coat. Perfect for moms with little ones constantly at their side or those of us with busy schedules. My favorite thing to do is put a color as the base layer and then swipe some gold on top of it to add a little shimmer!
5. Washi Tape! 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Washi tape is a fun and easy way to add colors and patterns to your pages! They come in all sorts of colors, patterns, and widths. They are fairly inexpensive, especially if you can find them on sale or use a store coupon. (*hint* the Target dollar spot will often have washi tape!) I love putting a couple strips to add some fun or using it to tape on tabs or other embellishments.
6. Quirky Stapler This stapler is a fun little tool! The cool thing about it is that it is two separate pieces so that you can staple wherever you want! Magnets in each piece help align the stapler once you decide where you want to staple. This means you can go anywhere on the page! It’s handy for attaching cutouts or other embellishments to the page.
7. Easy double stick tape Last but not least, we have this double stick tape in a handy dispenser. I will often use this tape for my tabs or embellishments to make sure that they are securely attached to the page and then put the fun washi tape on. The dispenser makes it easy to put the tape right where you want it, just make sure that you are sure before you place it on your page, because it will be permanent.
There are my 7 essential bible journaling supplies! Hopefully this eased some of the overwhelm in deciding what supplies are right for you. As you can see, there is no need to spend a fortune on your bible journaling supplies. Keeping it simple is just fine. Choose a couple things to add to your collection and get started! Then tell us about it in the comments!
Make sure you stay tuned for next weeks blog where Leah talks about her essentials!